Saturday, April 10, 2010

Outdoor bench cushion and pillows

All sewing and no blogging for the past few days.  And some serious gardening going on around here.  After a few good storms things are very green - but the weeds are sprouting so I have been pruning and weeding.   But I did manage to make some new outdoor pillows and a bench cushion for my neighbor Krista.    She has a small wooden bench seat on her porch, with a shaped cushion, so I took off the old cover and used it to make a pattern for the new cover.  

Here are the sad old cushion and pillows.

old pillows


She had most of these fabrics in her stash so with some creative coordinating we came up with a new set of cushion and pillows.  I don’t have a photo of it on the bench, so these before and after shots are on my backyard picnic table.

Here are the finished cushion and pillows.

new pillows

Next up, some cotton blouses, curtains, a party dress.  I need to step away from the computer and focus!  It is supposed to rain tomorrow - so time for an all day sewing session.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! i also love what you did with the pillows and cushion.hope you can visit my site too:
    http://www.outdoorcushionspillows.com/
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very perfect bench cushions for garden. I would like to have same cushions for my garden as they looks very pretty and are bright & cheerful additions to garden.
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete