Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sewing Meetup in San Francisco - Gaultier Exhibit June 23



Since the last meetup was so much fun, let's do it again!  How about Sat. June 23?


A group of sewists met up in May to get acquainted with my sewing student Karen, of Did you Make That, and we had a great time.  Everyone agreed we should do it again soon. The Gaultier exhibit at the De Young Museum in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park is the perfect opportunity. 


This photo is from Karen's blog - she was able to squeeze in a visit to the exhibit and highly recommends it. (In fact she has only great things to say about San Francisco, it is nice to look at the city from someone else's viewpoint).




So who is in?  Last year was my first sewing/blogger meetup, to see the Balenciaga exhibit and we had a blast.  We met in the lobby, toured the exhibit and then headed to the cafe for a group lunch which lasted several hours. While I had previously commented on their blogs, I had not met in person two of my favorite bloggers, Shams of Communing with Fabric, and Jean of J.Kaori designs and now I can call them friends, both on line and in person. 

If you are a bit shy or wondering what you will talk about with some random people who sew that you have never met - here are a couple of links to blog posts that others have written about these events.  

Amy of Sew Well wrote about our wine bar meetup with Karen
So did Christine of What's Up Cupcake.
Shams wrote about our Balenciaga exhibit visit last year.

Let's plan to meet Saturday June 23 at 10:00 am, tour the exhibit and then take over the cafe for a group lunch.  If you have any questions or want to be added to my e-mail list for this event, send me an e-mail:  sunnygalstudio (at) gmail.com.

This is from our visit to the Balenciaga exhibit last year - it was getting late and we didn't catch everyone in the photo. 


Museum visit1


Hope to see you in June for the Gaultier exhibit!

3 comments:

  1. I'm in! I'll see you and hopefully many others there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the exhibit - aka the awesomely amazingly jaw-dropping exhibition of fabulous outrageousness! - today, & couldn't really take it all in before getting overwhelmed.

    Which means that I might want to go again - Balenciaga with y'all was so much fun - so I'll mark it on my calendar & see how things pan out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my very active imagination and fantasy world, I'd fly in from the middle of the North American continent to spend a delightful day with you and take in this exhibit! Ah, but sometimes reality sucks!
    Have a wonderful time!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete